The Art of Awareness
A 3- or 5-Day Workshop on Uncovering Your True Nature
Starting September 6, 2021
Presented in English
Dive into the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra
Let the wisdom of the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra open you to a more intimate experience of yourself. This fundamental and fascinating Tantric text will teach you how to use everything—from commonplace daily experiences to sublime contemplations—to reveal the Consciousness of Oneness, your fundamental unity with the Self.
With Hridaya founder Sahajananda as your guide, you’ll spend three or five days exploring an intriguing array of practices that flow naturally from the intuition of the Spiritual Heart and demonstrate the potential for life to blend joyful mystical celebration and silent Self-Inquiry. As you develop a broader understanding of the spiritual path and how you can walk it in countless situations, you’ll begin to blossom in Freedom and Love.
Join us and learn to reveal the beauty inherent in every moment.
Please note that this is a traditional, spiritual course. The techniques shared may appear straightforward but require a thorough metaphysical explanation. Although we’ll devote much time to practice, when joining us, be aware that there are also satsangs (lectures), short video presentations, formal meditations, etc. Being open to this format will help you understand the subtleties of the teachings and experience them on a more profound level.
To support your practice, you’ll receive a printed booklet of the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra.
This workshop is an approved continuing education program for Yoga Alliance teachers.
- The teachings and practices of the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra, including examples of the techniques as depicted in film
- The visualization and arousal of Kundalini Shakti
- Micro-practices (moments of intense awareness and energy)
- The 5 kinds of breath awareness and their relation to the void
- Sufi whirling
- The celebration of both the abundance and lack of energy
- Falling in love with both pure Light and Darkness
- Yoga Nidra, the yoga of sleep
- Coming to the very origin of a desire—the joy of eating, drinking, aesthetic inspiration, and sexual pleasure
- Discovering the center of two thoughts, perceptions, etc.
- The three fundamental paths (upayas) in Kashmir Shaivism, emphasizing Shaktopaya, the path of energy
- Awareness practices (dharanas) based on breath, light, time, fire, the space of the Heart, darkness, and sound
- Attitudes for constant Self-awareness: Bhairava and krama mudras, soham, etc.
- The study of numerous other methods from the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra as well as new ways to deepen, refine, and stabilize the Self-Awareness
- The Wheel of the Twelve Kalis, a highly esoteric Tantric approach (called the Krama system) of unfolding the unity between the outer and inner world in twelve steps: The study of each Kali illustrates the spiritual meaning of any quanta of the process of perception and Self-knowledge. Through this internalized form of Kali worship, Her twelve facets are envisioned as natural phases of time and Self-consciousness. This also represents a radical way of purifying the subconscious mind. A supplementary booklet containing a description of The Wheel of the Twelve Kalis will be provided.
- Bhavana (“sheer spiritual impetus”), the Tantric method of supramental imagination that unifies rational and mystic cognition
|9:00-12:30||Teachings and practice|
|14:30-16:30||Teachings and practice|
|17:00-19:00||Teachings and practice|
|20:00-22:00||Time for personal contemplation|
|22:00||Mauna (noble silence)|
Pricing and Registration
Click Pricing and Reservations for information and to reserve a spot in this workshop.
|DATES||COURSE||TEACHER||PRICING AND RESERVATIONS|
|September 5–9, 2021||3-Day Art of Awareness Workshop||Sahajananda||Pricing and Reservations|
|September 5–11, 2021||5-Day Art of Awareness Workshop||Sahajananda||Pricing and Reservations|
- This workshop is presented in English at our center in Longeval, France, and is open to all. No previous yoga or meditation experience is required.
- This workshop will only take place with a minimum of 4 participants. You may reserve a spot via the Pricing and Reservations links above, but please do not make travel arrangements until we have contacted you to confirm that it will go ahead. We will confirm no later than 2 weeks before the start of the course.
- The dates listed above are for accommodation. The course begins the morning after the date of arrival and ends the evening before departure. Check-in is available from 14:00 on arrival day.
- The workshop is offered for three or five days. Three-day participants are welcome to extend for the full five days.
- Please read our Payment, Refund, and Amendment Guidelines as well as our on-site Covid-19 measures before booking.
- Hridaya Yoga is a non-profit organization and we believe everyone should have the opportunity to practice, which is why we keep our prices low. If the prices still exceed your budget, you are welcome to apply for a scholarship. We will happily consider your request and try to find a way to support you.